Frequently Asked Questions
I always like to finish up some frequently asked questions, so here are out top home staging certification questions:
What is the best home staging certification?
I’m biased, and will of course recommend the Home Staging Institute. You need to decide for yourself which is the best home staging certification based on what you want to get out of the course. If you are unsure what I am talking about, re-read our guide above.
How do I get a home staging certification?
There are two ways how to get a home staging certification: local courses, or online. Local courses let you meet and mingle with other students, but online courses let you study in your own time without a strict schedule. Online home staging courses are also cheaper.
Is there specific home staging certification for realtors?
The Institute doesn’t provide specific home staging certification for realtors, but we do tailor a course for realtors which results in the same certification as our other home staging courses. The realtor course is just a little more thorough and in-depth.
Should I simply find a course that provides home staging certification near me?
My recommendation is not to simply look for a local home staging course, consider online courses too. You should find the course that best suits your needs, rather than where the course is located.
What does home staging certification cost?
With the Home Staging Institute, home staging certification costs $247 as a one-off payment, or six payments of just $42. As at the time of writing, other courses costs are:
- QC Design School: $1604 when paid in full
- Homestagingresources.com: $999 when paid in full
View reviews of other home staging courses on this handy website.
Is a cheap home staging certification course good?
Yes, we do offer a very cheap home staging certification course, but that doesn’t mean it is low quality or not reputable. We at The Home Staging Institute spent a lot of time and money preparing the courses back in 2007 when we were one of the first home staging training providers on the internet, and since then we have had thousands of graduates through our training. For this reason, we don’t need to charge a lot as much of our investment in creating the courses is already paid for. The reason we can offer cheap home staging certification is because we are an online provider, our systems are automated, and the fee is primarily to cover the cost of the exam, and our instructors time in marking your work and preparing the certificate.
I’ve looked everywhere and can’t free online home staging certification. Does it exist?
No, there is no free online home staging certification.
What is the difference between all the home staging certification programs?
At the end of the day, home staging is home staging. And because of this, all the courses cover pretty much the same key topics. Over the years our team has taken many of the other home staging certification programs to see what they offer, and to help improve our own courses, and have found a few little differences.
- The more expensive courses are more advanced technologically. Their websites are obviously higher-end, and would cost tens of thousands or more to develop. Here at the Home Staging Institute, we give our website a polish every year or so, but we focus heavily on the course material rather than being high-tech.
- Different courses vary in their examples and imagery based on their geographic region. Home stagers in Utah and styling houses different to those in New York, who again are styling homes different to those in London or Sydney. Although we recommend taking an online home staging class, it is probably a good idea to take one that was created for people in your country. Note that we at the Home Staging Institute have students from all over the world, but primarily cater to people in the United States.
Are there any home staging school requirements or pre-requisites?
No, there are no requirements before taking a course on home staging. We have students in high school, through to PhD graduates, to retirees who want to create an additional income.
How do you choose a home staging course?
Choosing a home staging course really comes down to just a few key questions.
1) Do you want an online home staging course, or an in-person course?
2) How much are you willing to pay?
3) Which is the most credible home staging course that fits this criteria?
Our (obviously biased) view is that our Professional Course is the best home staging certification course available, and provides the best value for money. It's an online course, meaning you can do it from the comfort of your own home, using your own furniture and accessories. It's also one of the cheapest home staging courses available. Since the Home Staging Institute was founded in 2007, we've seen the industry grow over time and have perfected our course and certification over nearly 15 years.